Saturday, October 9, 2010

When I was a child...

When I was a child...

...I heard the statistic that people sleep away one-third of their lives and thought that sounded terrible. NOW it sounds wonderful.

...I thought all doctors were men. NOW my kids think all doctors are women.

...I wanted to be a nurse when I grew up because I thought nurses and doctors never got sick or died. My father told me I should become a doctor instead. NOW I'm grateful I had a father who always told me I could be anything I wanted to be.

...I wished I looked like Barbie. NOW I'm glad I look more like Skipper instead.

...I worried that there would be a nuclear war. NOW I worry that my kids are growing up in a world where there's way too much to worry about.

...I was scared that kidnappers would snatch me and throw me into the back of their van as I walked home from school. NOW I know that such evil is much more likely to be found lurking in cyberspace.

...I thought beer smelled (and tasted) disgusting. NOW I still think it smells pretty gross: skunk in a glass.

Kelly, Kris, Sabrina
...I loved playing Charlie's Angels but I always had to be Sabrina, the smart Angel, because I was the one with brown hair. I pretended that's what I wanted, too. NOW I wish I'd stood up to my friends and insisted on being Krissy, the pretty one, every now and then.

...I loved drawing rainbows. NOW I still love drawing rainbows.

...I hoped one day to have a son, a daughter, a sweet, funny husband, and a cute house with a white picket fence. NOW I have all those things.

What are your THEN and NOW differences?

No comments:

Post a Comment